70Learning the ropes: Trawler training aboard Sandy Hook
Your Boat Or Mine? Customized Trawler Training With A Smile
STORY BY CHRISTINE ALHAMBRA
PMM’s managing editor shadows Capts. Chris and Alyse Caldwell aboard their boat, Sandy Hook, for a closer
look at the couple’s trawler training business. Tailored to fit each student’s needs, their hands-on training helps
boaters decide if the cruising life is the right fit.
Made In America: American Tug 395
STORY BY JOHN WOOLDRIDGE
Before American Tugs introduced their new 395 last year, new owners Duane and Lynn Duncan of Port Orchard,
Washington, had an unusual opportunity to visit the factory and suggest changes that made the new cruiser more
versatile and comfortable for future owners.
Established in 2004
SęĔĕ ęčĊ ėĔđđ Ćēĉ ėĊĉĚĈĊ SĊĆ SĎĈĐēĊĘĘ
Simple to install, simple to use, simple to
maintain. Roll reduction for all speeds at
an a;ordable price.
SG ĘĊėĎĊĘ USD
SG 3K $16,900
SG 5K $25,900
SG 7K $29,900
SG 15K $39,900
SG 30K $59,900
SG 50K $89,900
SG 100K $149,900
SG 200K $249,900
Prices include shipping
to nearest port.
Taxes, VAT or GS T not
• Reduces vessel roll by greater than 50%
• 8 sizes for vessels from 24 feet to over 150 feet
• Works with vessel underway or at rest
• 2 year/1000 hour factory warranty
• 20,000 hour duty cycles between overhauls
• Commercially available “O; the Shelf” components
• Robust Construction
• KIS philosophy for the marine environment
• No thru the hull ;ttings, no external parts, no water
pump, no sealed vacuum container, no computer
GT5K Custom Designs Sea Horse 52
Gyroscopic stabilizer on the market!
(Based on Nms of Stabilizing Torque)
Largest range of units to ;t any boat.
Direct selling by the
manufacturer to the
OEMs and End Users