CHRIS CASWELL has owned
more boats than he wants his
wife or his banker to know about.
An award-winning journalist for
decades, his book, The Greatest
Sailing Stories Ever Told, has set new
sales records. He can be seen on television nationwide as
host of the Marine Voyager series on the Speed Channel
and has appeared on Oprah as a guest expert. When not
cruising with his wife, Rhea, Chris parks his seabag in
West Palm Beach, Florida.
RICH PIASECKI is a commercial
airline pilot and former naval
aviator. After owning and
co-owning several boats, he
discovered the many similarities
between operating a boat and
flying a plane, and now divides his time between his two
passions. Upon his retirement, Rich and his wife, Jill,
plan to live part time aboard a trawler to see more of the
world. They are currently searching for a new co-owner
to share in their adventure.
WHAT IS THIS?
You see them on cereal boxes, airline
tickets, and advertisements. You may have
even seen them in the pages of PMM. What
are those little black-and-white symbols
popping up everywhere?
Quick Response (QR) codes, originally used to track
parts in vehicle manufacturing, are now being used for
an increasing variety of purposes. Just scan one with your
smartphone for instant access to exclusive information.
Recently, PMM has used QR codes to provide discounts
for event registration and magazine subscriptions, as well
as for travel directions to Trawler Fest events.
To scan a QR code:
1. Download a free Bar Code Scanner App to your phone
2. Open the App and hold it in front of the QR code
3. See where it takes you!
We hope that you find time to acquaint yourself with QR
codes and use your smartphone to turn the pages of PMM
into an interactive experience.
PUT STEVE ON YOUR SIDE
TO INSURE YOU FULFILL YOUR BOAT OWNERSHIP DREAM.
Purchase Support Services:
• Vessel selection guidance
• Pre-Purchase inspection for used vessels
• Pre-acceptance inspection for new vessels
Post-Purchase Support Services:
• New vessel fitting out: Guidance for designing, selecting
and installing the systems aboard a vessel
On-going Support Services:
• Annual one-day inspection service
• Captains’ Club: Annual membership provides ongoing
support as you cruise
• Refit and repair project guidance and advocacy with
• After inspection compliance support
• Pre-warranty expiry inspection
• Onboard review and education/systems familiarization
• Inspections prior to placing your boat on the market
• Education: Through the SDMC’s website, blogs
www.stevedmarineconsulting.com/blog/, master article
list, and educational seminars for boat owners and
Your personal advocate for a safer, more reliable and less costly boating experience